Setting up your first Proposal Template is pretty simple, but takes about 20 minutes depending on how much content you have. You can choose from either using an existing proposal template or using one of our Free Sample Templates located in the Library. Content is king when you’re using Proposable because once all of your content is in 1 of the 3 Libraries (Templates, Sections, Line-Items), you can quickly mix and match your sections together to build custom proposals on the fly.
If you have an existing proposal: We encourage you to have all of your content readily available whether it’s in a Word, PDF or other word processor. You also want to have either a folder or easy access to images, logos or videos so you can quickly insert it into your template. Here are a few steps to take:
- Click on the Library tab and create a new template by clicking "New Template"
- Give your proposal a template title such as “My Master Template“.
- Drag over element blocks from the right sidebar to start adding content.
- To add a new section, click on the section title at the top, this will give you options to add another blank section, import another section from your library, or adjust the current section you are viewing.
- Continue this process until you have created all of your sections and content. Make sure to click on the Save at the top to save your work. Although our system does a great job of “auto-saving”, we still encourage you to save your work.
Now that you’ve created your master template, you can use this template to create a new proposal draft. Go to your "Proposals" tab, then click the large green "New Proposal"
If you do not have an existing proposal, you can get started with one of our Sample Templates, clicking on "Sample Templates" from within the library and clicking "Copy to My Library", which will add the sample template to your library and you can begin customizing it.